Equity & Inclusion Program Manager
SALARY: $81,617.00 - $102,022.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Under the direction of the Director of EEO, Equity and Inclusion, manages the Agency's Equity and Inclusion programs to ensure achievement of Sound Transit's goal of growing and sustaining a diverse workforce, inclusive culture and equitable work environment. Develop and recommend policies, manage equity and inclusion plan and periodic progress reports, and create and deliver training and management assistance in the collection and analysis of employment and program data.
**THIS JOB POSTING MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE POSITIONS
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties in addition to the following lists.
- Responsible for managing the agency equity and inclusion programs, providing independent consultation as needed. Act as advisor and staff resource to supervisors and managers concerning equity and inclusion concerns.
- Implement key equity initiatives with a focus on building an inclusive culture while hiring, developing, and retaining diverse talent as a top priority, increase employee engagement and the articulation of an employee value proposition on diversity.
- Makes equity and inclusion presentations and ensures that management employees at all levels and employees are trained on cultural competency. Training includes cultural competency, working in a diverse environment, LGBTQIA, gender equity, diversabilities, racial equity and culture group specific training, etc. The manager will partner with other divisions, departments, or consultants to present training.
- Designs programs to integrate equity and inclusion strategy into workforce strategy, to include STEM, Generational and Higher Education initiatives.
- Manage Leadership Forums, Community Frameworks and Employee Resource Groups/Networks to further promote inclusion and equity education and awareness that improves employee engagement and retention.
- Track, analyze and communicate key equity success metrics and demographic trends generally and within our industry and recommend programs/solutions.
- Provide data and analysis on employee representation, retention, engagement, and other related metrics, including ongoing focus on assessing success of inclusion and diversity efforts.
- Continuously evaluates equity and inclusion programs to ensure it is meeting the agency's goals.
- Manages internal equity and inclusion workgroup and supports the development of an equity and inclusion plan.
- Leverage data and metrics to ensure effective implementation and measurement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in the area of Ethnic or Women Studies, Education, Sociology, Organizational Development or related discipline and five (5) years of experience in equity and inclusion preferably in a non-profit, public sector or service environment, two (2) of which include lead or management responsibilities. Experience in developing equity and inclusion programs, developing plans, monitoring progress, conducting trainings, and interacting with and selecting third party contracts, such as consultants and vendors.
- A Master's Degree in Public Administration or a related field preferred. A second language is a plus.
Apply online: http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=126082