PROJECT COORDINATOR - PEPD
SALARY: $47,720.00 - $59,650.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 2/5/2018, 5:00 PM
Under general supervision, provides project coordination, administrative and technical support to assigned projects. Assists in a variety of program and project management tasks, including but not limited to: preparing and maintaining schedules, drafting correspondence, developing contract supporting documents, creating and updating project records, researching materials and products, gathering information from public agencies, representing the project team as directed, producing/updating reports, overseeing and monitoring small contracts, monitoring budget and expenditures, producing graphic materials and presentations, collaborating with team members, agency staff, and key stakeholders, responding to inquiries from the public, and providing high-quality internal and external customer service.
This posting will be used to fill multiple job positions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Engineering or related field; or Associates Degree with two years of experience in project level support preferably in engineering or project management related fields; or High School Diploma and four years of experience, and/or a combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Required Knowledge of:
• Project coordination skills and techniques.
• Principles of customer service.
• High quality verbal and written communication skills.
• Basic accounting, bookkeeping, and mathematical principles and practices.
• Public transportation and infrastructure design and construction industry.
• Basic principles and practices of governmental budget preparation and administration.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping.
• Principles and techniques for the preparation and presentation of complex information.
• Prepare, set-up, and track presentations, photos, and graphics
• Principles of business letter and basic report preparation.
• Public agency processes and best practices.
Required Skill in:
• Computer applications such as SharePoint, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Multi-tasking competing priorities and communicating with team members on status updates.
• Collecting, preparing, and analyzing data and comprehensive reports.
• Applying appropriate verbal and written communication techniques with internal colleagues, the general public, elected officials, community leaders, and local, state, and federal agencies.
• Working cooperatively with other staff, PEPD divisions, other ST departments, and other public agencies.
• Monitoring program/project operating budgets, costs, and schedules.
• Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies.
• Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients.
• Sensitivity to the political nature of public agencies.
• Maintaining confidentiality and communicating with tact and diplomacy.
• Working effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines, and adjusting to changing priorities.
For complete job description and to apply online, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/soundtransit/jobs/1960765/project-coordinator-pepd?sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs