Asian Women In Business Accomplishments
- Sponsors frequent skills building workshops, seminars, conferences and networking opportunities, addressing a wide range of issues and conducted by industry experts.
- Serves as a platform for Asian women to connect with each other, and with business owners and professionals who share our goals.
- Provides one-on-one technical assistance to address the unique issues facing entrepreneurs.
- Assists MWBEs to identify and explore procurement opportunities and facilitates dialogue and potential business between corporate and government buyers and suppliers; and sponsors an annual Procurement Conference.
- Promotes the inclusion and leadership of Asian women professional; and sponsors an annual Asian Women's Corporate Leadership Conference.
- Honors and brings to public attention Asian women leaders; and sponsors an annual Leadership Awards Ceremony and Dinner.
- Has a scholarship fund designed to promote and support leadership among Asian women in college; and awards scholarship on an annual basis.
AWIB has served over 50,000 women and minorities through our innovative and targeted events. In 2017 alone, close to 2,500 participated in our various programs. All our events are well attended and professionally executed.
- AWIB brings over 300 M/WBEs in direct dialogue with corporate and government procurement representatives each year through our annual procurement conference. As a result, M/WBEs have gained leads and additional business. On an ongoing basis, AWIB works with its corporate and government partners to connect them to M/WBEs.
- AWIB's Corporate Initiative has served 2,000 since 2005 through "Born to Lead", our annual Corporate Leadership Conference. "Born to Lead" features top-level Asian women executives in a dialogue on leadership and issues impacting corporate Asian women.
- AWIB successfully concluded a multi-year contract with New York City to outreach and train Asian-owned businesses on M/WBE certification and how to leverage it to grow their business. Hundreds of M/WBEs have benefited from the workshops, technical assistance and networking opportunities we have provided as part of this contract. This followed our many 9/11 related contracts, which we held for over five years, to help with the rebuilding efforts in Lower Manhattan.
- AWIB's skills-building workshops, training seminars and networking events serve over 1,000 annually. These include "Starting Your Business 101" and "Success Stories."
- AWIB is a valuable resource and point of contact. Our network of Asian women has been tapped for hundreds of press articles, TV and radio stories and speaking roles. AWIB and its members have been featured in the press, including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, Inc Magazine, The Christian Science Monitor, Fortune, Entrepreneur as well as all Asian media.
- AWIB's prominence and strategic relationships also accords our constituents access to programs of partner organizations including the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Asia Society and more.
- The AWIB Scholarship Fund is an innovative undertaking to recognize and foster the next generation of Asian women leaders. Targeting women in college, the selection criteria places a strong emphasis on demonstrated leadership skills as well as entrepreneurial and community experience. The Scholarship Fund is dependent on individual and corporate donations.
- AWIB is a proactive organization. As an example, after 9/11, and continuing for almost five years, AWIB was actively involved with providing assistance to adversely affected businesses, both male and female owned, in Lower Manhattan. AWIB played a leadership role in a major tourism campaign and conceived and implemented the "Taste of Chinatown", a community wide effort to bring business back to this long suffering community.